Thursday 22 March 2012

RSPB Norfolk

After returning home from Cornwall,  I decided to go on a shoot in North Norfolk as the weather was great. I wanted to find Black Throated Divers and Black Necked Grebes, so I did a little research on recent sightings and came to the conclusion that I should head to Snettisham and Titchwell, which are both RSPB Reserves.  They had both had sightings in the past few weeks, so it was a long shot but was better then nothing.

I ended up not finding either of the birds I wanted to, which is normally the case with wildlife photography, but still had a great day and photographed a number of different species.

Key Species:
Great Egret, Avocets, Skylark, Bar-Tailed Godwits, Shovelers, Barnacle Geese, Goldeneyes and a Common Lizard

Here are a few shots from today:

Barnacle Goose

Avocets Mating

Avocet Feeding

Skylark

Flock of around 1000 geese

Bar-Tailed Godwit wading

Shoveler Preening

Shovelers

Tips:
  • Research locations to have more luck finding specific species (even though I didn't find them on this occasion)
  • Make the most of locations and photograph all of the species
  • Patience in the hides pay off for behaviour shots ie. Avocets mating
Follow me on Twitter: @Josh_Jaggard

And check out my website: www.wildlife-photos.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Hello friends,

    Great photos, you have taken of. Really, it's interesting post by you. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Thanks a lot.....

    ReplyDelete